- Turbo 2 2560 x 1440 (540 ppi)
- MAXX 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi)
The upgrade is barely noticeable under normal use but for VR the smaller display elements are definitely less distracting and overall the display looks better. Of course, it'll take more bhp to drive all those pixels but it has a newer snapdragon and a bigger battery so it should be good.
They also claim the screen is unbreakable. We'll see about that.
Now I just need to find some free time to play with it.
As far as fit goes:
- Zeiss VR One: No, will need some serious work with the dremel to make it fit.
- Homido: Yes, no problem
- Samsung Gear VR: No, will need fabrication (dremel and make a support)
I mention the Gear VR since its a good option even if you don't have the intended phone. It has great lenses and straps even if you don't use in the included electronics (touch pad). For $99 its pretty great.
The only things the Homido does better are:
- Adjustable interocular
- Carrying case
- Phone clamp that will take anything up to and including a Google Tango tablet